How to Program a One For All Remote to TV
Ready to make that cool universal remote work with your TV? I’m here to help. There are three ways to do it:
- Using Codes
- Learning Feature
Let’s break down each method step by step.
How to Program One For All Remote using Simpleset
Want an easy way? Try the Simpleset feature with these steps:
- Get Your TV Ready: First, turn on your TV using its power button. Make sure there’s a show or movie playing on your streaming box.
- Point & Press: Point the remote at your TV. Now, press and hold the TV Power and Back buttons at the same time.
- Wait for the Light: Once you see the yellow light flash twice on the remote’s ring, let go of the buttons.
- Hold the Right Key: Now, press and hold the key that matches your TV brand.
- Watch for Actions: The remote will send a ‘Power’ signal to your TV every 3 seconds. If you’re setting up a streaming box, it’ll send a ‘Play/Pause’ signal. For a soundbar, it’ll keep sending ‘Mute’ until your device gets quiet.
- Let Go When the TV Turns Off: Once the TV turns off, you can release the key.
- Done!: You’ll see a green light flash twice on the remote. That means your TV and remote are now buddies!
Program One For All Remote using Codes
Don’t see your device’s brand? No worries. Let’s use some codes.
- Find Your Code: First, write down the remote codes for your TV brand. You can find these on a website link they give you.
- Power On and Aim: Turn on your TV. Point your remote at the TV.
- Press the Power and Back Buttons: Just like before, press and hold these two buttons together.
- Wait for the Yellow Light: Let go of the buttons once the yellow light flashes twice.
- Enter Your Code: Now, type in the 5-digit code you found for your device. There will be special keys on the remote to help you do this.
- Look for the Green Light: If you entered the code right, a green light will flash twice.
- Test It Out: Point the remote at your TV and press the Power or Mute button. If the TV turns off or mutes, you did it! High five!
How to Program One For All Remote Using Learning
If you have your original remote and it’s still working, we’ve got good news! You can use the Learning feature to make the One For All (OFA) remote mimic it. Let’s get started:
- Point and Ready: Take your original remote and point it towards the front of the OFA remote. There’s a picture that shows you just how to do it.
- Hold Two Buttons: Press and hold the TV Power and Mute buttons together until you see a red light flash twice on the OFA remote.
- Learn Time: Now, tap any button on the OFA remote that you want to teach a function to.
- Press Original Button: On your original remote, press the same button you just tapped on the OFA remote.
- Success Light: When you see the green light on the OFA remote flash twice, it means that button now knows its job!
- Teach Them All: Keep repeating steps 3 and 4 to teach every button you want.
- Almost Done: Once all buttons know what they’re supposed to do, press and hold the TV Power button on the OFA remote.
- Finish Line: A green light will flash four times on the OFA remote. That’s its way of saying, “I’m all set and ready to go!”
How to Program a One For All Remote to Roku
You’ve got a Roku? Awesome! Here’s how to make your OFA remote become its new best friend:
- Point and Press: Aim the OFA remote right at your Roku TV. Now, hold down both the STB Power and Home buttons at the same time.
- Wait for Red: Once you spot the red light flashing twice on the OFA remote, you can let go of those buttons.
- Quick Taps: Next, press the Back button quickly five times in a row.
- Success Dance: The green light on your OFA remote will flash twice. That means your Roku and the remote are now pals!
How to Choose Colour on One For All Remote
Want to jazz up your One For All remote with some cool colors? Follow along, and I’ll show you how to give that ring a new look:
- Start Holding: Grab your remote and hold down both the Channel Up and Channel Down buttons.
- See the Red Light: Wait until the ring lights up in red, not once, but twice. Then, you can let go of the buttons.
- Make it Glow: Tap the Channel Up button. The ring will light up in white and just hang out for a bit.
- Color Carousel: Every time you press the Channel Up button, the ring will change its color. It’s like a mini rainbow in your hand!
- Oops, Wrong Color: Made a mistake? No worries. Hit the Channel Down button to go back to the color you liked before.
- Lock in Your Choice: Found the color you love? Great! Hold down the OK button to make it official.
- Shiny Confirmation: You’ll know it’s all set when the ring flashes twice in the color you chose. It’s like the remote’s way of saying, “Looking good!”