Have you ever found yourself really wanting a tasty McDonald’s lunch? Well, you’re not alone! McDonald’s is one of the go-to places for fast food. But have you ever wondered when they start serving lunch? Don’t worry; I’ve got you covered!
In this guide, I’m going to talk about everything you need to know about McDonald’s lunch. We’ll chat about what time you can grab lunch at McDonald’s, and I’ll also share some secret menu tricks, what’s on the lunch menu, and some tips on ordering your meal. So, let’s get started!
What Time Does McDonalds Serve Lunch?
Most McDonald’s restaurants in the US start serving lunch at 10:30 a.m. But here’s the thing: the exact lunchtime can be different depending on which McDonald’s you go to. So, it’s a good idea to check the lunch hours at your favorite McDonald’s spot before you head over, so you don’t waste your time waiting.
What Time Does McDonald’s Serve Lunch on Weekends?
On Saturdays and Sundays, McDonald’s serves lunch a little later. They begin serving lunch at 11:00 a.m. on weekends. You see, many folks like to grab breakfast on weekends, and it takes a bit more time for the McDonald’s crew to get everything ready for the lunch menu.
What Time Does McDonald’s Stop Serving Lunch?
The good news is that McDonald’s keeps serving lunch until they close up shop for the day. That means most McDonald’s locations stop serving lunch at 11 p.m. However, there’s a catch: the closing time can be different depending on where you are and what day of the week it is.
To be on the safe side, it’s a smart idea to get in touch with your preferred McDonald’s branch and double-check their lunchtime hours. That way, you’ll always know when to grab your favorite McDonald’s lunch!
McDonald’s Breakfast vs. Lunch Hours
Here’s a handy breakdown of when you can enjoy McDonald’s breakfast and lunch:
- Breakfast Hours: From 5:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Lunch Hours: From 10:30 a.m. until closing.
- Breakfast Hours: From 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Lunch Hours: From 11:00 a.m. until closing.
So, when does McDonald’s switch from breakfast to lunch during the week?
McDonald’s Lunch Hours:
- On weekdays, the magic time is 10:30 a.m.
- On weekends, it’s a tad later, at 11:00 a.m.
On weekends, the breakfast menu wraps up somewhere between 10:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m., depending on which McDonald’s you visit.
Now, let’s talk about the delicious offerings during these times!
Breakfast Delights: In the morning, you can dive into tasty options like Egg McMuffin, hotcakes, McGriddles, Sausage Biscuits, Sausage Burritos, Fruit and Maple, and those delightful hash browns. These breakfast items are sure to kickstart your day on a yummy note.
Lunchtime Classics: When it’s lunchtime, McDonald’s brings out the big guns with their beloved burgers, fries, Filet-O-Fish, Happy Meals, and delicious chicken sandwiches. And here’s a bonus: you can enjoy coffee, muffins, and cinnamon rolls all day long at most McDonald’s locations.
But, it’s worth noting that in 2020, McDonald’s made a change. They stopped serving breakfast all day, and as of now, they don’t have any plans to bring it back.
What Is the McDonald’s Lunch Menu?
Let’s dive into the McDonald’s lunch menu, where there’s a scrumptious variety of options to suit all kinds of taste buds. From classic favorites to special seasonal treats, there’s something to make everyone’s tummy happy.
- Big Mac: The iconic burger with two beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, and onions, all on a sesame seed bun.
- Quarter Pounder: A hearty burger featuring a quarter-pound beef patty, cheese, pickles, onions, and ketchup.
- McChicken: For chicken lovers, this sandwich has a crispy chicken patty, lettuce, and mayo.
Wrap it Up: If you’re in the mood for something different, McDonald’s offers wraps and salads too!
- Grilled Chicken Salad: A refreshing salad with grilled chicken, mixed greens, and your choice of dressing.
- Grilled Chicken Snack Wrap: A smaller option with grilled chicken, lettuce, and dressing wrapped in a tortilla.
- McChicken Snack Wrap: A similar snack-sized wrap featuring a McChicken patty.
Seasonal Sensations: McDonald’s likes to keep things exciting with special menu items that celebrate the seasons or introduce new flavors.
- McRib: A cult-favorite sandwich that pops up from time to time, featuring a pork patty, barbecue sauce, pickles, and onions.
- McLobster: When it’s lobster season, McDonald’s sometimes offers this seafood delight.
- McCafé Peppermint Mocha and Hot Chocolate: Perfect for warming up during the winter months.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte: A fall favorite that’s oh-so-delicious.
- Szechuan Sauce: A dipping sauce that’s known for its unique flavor.
These seasonal items add a dash of excitement to the McDonald’s menu, so keep an eye out for them when they make their limited-time appearances!
So, whether you’re in the mood for a classic burger, a fresh salad, or something special that’s only available for a short time, McDonald’s lunch menu has you covered with a tasty lineup of options.
Tips for Ordering McDonald’s Lunch
Ordering lunch at McDonald’s can be a breeze if you know a few smart strategies. Here are some handy tips to make your McDonald’s lunch experience smoother and more satisfying:
1. Timing is Everything:
- Mid-Morning (10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.): Try to visit just after the breakfast rush and before the lunchtime crowd hits. This way, you’ll have shorter waiting times and enjoy freshly prepared food.
- Early Afternoon (2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.): Opt for this timeframe, which falls between lunch and dinner hours when McDonald’s is usually less crowded.
- Weekdays (Monday to Thursday): These days tend to be less hectic compared to the bustling weekends.
2. Hunt for Deals and Discounts:
- Keep an eye out for special lunchtime promotions or discounts on the menu. These deals can help you get more bang for your buck.
3. Combo Up for Savings:
- Consider ordering combo or value meals. These packages offer a combo of items at a budget-friendly price, saving you money while satisfying your hunger.
4. App it Up for Convenience:
- Take advantage of the McDonald’s app to place your order in advance. This nifty option allows you to skip the line and pick up your meal quickly.
5. Plan Ahead for Larger Orders:
- If you’re ordering for a group or need a big meal, give your local McDonald’s a heads-up. Calling ahead ensures McDonald’s can prepare and serve your order efficiently, so everyone gets their food on time.
6. Coupon Clipping for Extra Savings:
- Keep an eye out for coupons from various sources, including online platforms and the official app. These discounts can make your meal even more budget-friendly.
7. Be Conscious of Nutrition:
- McDonald’s provides information about calories and nutritional content for their menu items. If you’re mindful of your diet, consider lighter options like salads or grilled chicken sandwiches for a healthier meal.
8. Study the Menu:
- Take a moment to review the menu either at the counter or on the self-ordering kiosk. Familiarize yourself with the available choices, including any special or limited-time items.
9. Patience is a Virtue:
- McDonald’s can get pretty busy during peak hours, especially at popular locations. If you find yourself in a long line, exercise patience while waiting for your order. Alternatively, consider visiting during quieter off-peak hours for a more relaxed dining experience.
By following these savvy tips, you’ll be well-prepared to make the most of your McDonald’s lunch and enjoy your meal with ease and satisfaction!
Menu Hacks To Try at McDonald’s
Want to add a dash of excitement to your McDonald’s order? Try out these cool menu hacks that’ll make your meal extra special:
1. Request Fresh Food:
- If you’re all about that fresh taste, don’t hesitate to ask the crew to prepare your order fresh. This is especially handy for items like fries, which tend to lose their crispiness when they sit around.
2. Egg-citing Burger Twist:
- Craving a breakfast sandwich after 10:30 a.m.? No problem! Order a regular or double burger and add an egg and a hashbrown. You might need to assemble it yourself, but trust us, it’s worth it.
3. Dip It Like a Pro:
- Get creative with McDonald’s dipping sauces! Try dipping your french fries in honey mustard or BBQ sauce. You can even add that iconic Big Mac sauce to your burger. Feeling adventurous? Mix different sauces for a unique flavor explosion.
4. Explore the Secret Menu:
- Did you know McDonald’s has a secret menu? You can also craft your own “secret menu” meal by ordering various menu items and putting them together. For example, grab a sundae and an apple pie to create an apple pie à la mode.
5. McNugget Equality:
- When sharing McNuggets with friends or family, consider ordering separate boxes instead of one large box. This ensures everyone gets an equal share of McNuggets and dipping sauce.
6. McDouble Transforms into Big Mac:
- Looking for that Big Mac taste without the price tag? Order a McDouble and kindly ask the crew to prepare it like a Big Mac. Add lettuce, onions, pickles, and Big Mac sauce to complete the transformation.
7. Double the Toppings, No Extra Cost:
- If you’re a fan of extra cheese, bacon, or sauce on your burger, just ask! The friendly crew can hook you up with those tasty toppings without breaking the bank.
8. Breakfast at Midnight:
- The official breakfast menu is usually available until 10:30 a.m., but some McDonald’s locations offer all-day breakfast items like Egg McMuffins. To enjoy breakfast for dinner, check with your nearest McDonald’s to see if they serve breakfast items all day.
9. Craft Your Own Float:
- When the ice cream machines are working (fingers crossed), you can create your own float. Purchase a soda of your choice, like Coke or root beer, and get an ice cream cone. Open the soda, add the ice cream, and voilà! You’ve got a customized float to enjoy.
The Bottom Line
I hope this guide has satisfied your curiosity about when McDonald’s serves lunch. Here’s the lowdown one more time:
- Typically, McDonald’s starts serving lunch at around 10:30 a.m., but remember, the exact time can vary slightly depending on the location.
- On weekends, you’ll need to wait until 11:00 a.m. for lunch to kick in.
- In some cases, if McDonald’s runs out of their breakfast menu items before 10:30 a.m., they might start serving lunch even earlier.
What’s great about McDonald’s is how convenient they are when it comes to payment. You can use Apple Pay, debit or credit cards, cash, and various other payment methods at your local McDonald’s. So, you’ve got plenty of options to satisfy your cravings.
Now, you’re all set to enjoy your next McDonald’s lunch at just the right time. Whether you’re in the mood for a classic favorite or want to try out some cool menu hacks, McDonald’s has something tasty waiting for you!