How to Turn Off Voice Guide on LG TV [2021 & above]
Are you trying to make your LG Smart TV a bit quieter? If your TV is running on WebOS 6.0 or newer, turning off that chatty Voice Guide is a breeze. Let’s dive into how you can do this in a few simple steps.
Step-by-Step Guide to Silence Your LG TV
- Start Your LG TV: Grab your remote and power on your TV.
- Access the Settings: Press the ‘Settings’ button on your remote, and then select ‘All Settings’ from the menu.
- Head to ‘General’: In the Settings menu, navigate to the ‘General’ section. This is where you’ll find most of the important settings for your TV.
- Find ‘Accessibility’: Click on ‘Accessibility’ from the list of options you see. This is where LG keeps all the features that help make the TV easier to use for everyone.
- Select ‘Audio Guidance’: In the Accessibility menu, you’ll find an option called ‘Audio Guidance. This is the feature that’s been talking to you.
- Turn It Off: Once you’re in the Audio Guidance settings, look for an option to enable or disable it. Simply choose ‘OFF’ to stop the voice guidance.
How to Turn Off Voice Guide on LG TV [2020 & Earlier]
Got an older LG Smart TV and want to turn off that Voice Guide? If your TV is running on webOS 5.0 or an earlier version, here’s a simple guide to help you do just that. Let’s get started!
Easy Steps to Quiet Your LG TV
- Hit the Settings Button: First things first, grab your remote and press the ‘Settings’ button.
- Look at the Screen Options: You’ll see some options pop up on the side of your TV screen.
- Go to ‘All Settings’: From those options, click on ‘All Settings’. This is your gateway to all the nifty adjustments you can make on your TV.
- Navigate to ‘Accessibility’: In the menu, find and select ‘Accessibility’. This is where LG groups features designed to make the TV more user-friendly for everyone.
- Find ‘Audio Guidance’: Once you’re in the Accessibility settings, look for ‘Audio Guidance’. In some LG TV models, this might be listed as ‘Audio Description’.
- Turn It Off: Click on it and choose to turn off the feature.
What Happens After?
Once you turn off the Audio Guidance or Audio Description, your LG Smart TV will stop giving you voiceovers. This means no more spoken descriptions of what’s on the screen or voice-assisted navigation. Just you and your TV, without any extra chatter.
How to Turn Off Voiceover on LG Smart TV Using Mic Button
Using the Mic Button for Quick Control
If you’re all about quick and easy solutions and have one of the newer LG Smart TVs, you’ll love this method. You can simply use a voice command to turn off the Voice Guide. Here’s how:
- Grab Your Remote: Your LG TV remote is your key to control.
- Use the Mic Button: Locate the Mic button on your remote. It’s your gateway to voice commands.
- Give the Command: Press the Mic button and clearly say, “TURN OFF AUDIO GUIDANCE.”
- Release and Relax: Let go of the Mic button. The TV will process your command and disable the Voice Guide.
Voice Guide vs. Voice Assistant
Two Features with Different Purposes
It’s important to know that Voice Guide and Voice Assistant are not the same things. They have different purposes:
- Voice Guide: This is designed for people who have visual impairments. It helps by reading out what’s on the screen, making it easier to navigate the TV’s interface without having to see it.
- Voice Assistant: Think of this as your personal helper. You can use voice commands to ask it to perform various tasks, like changing channels, searching for shows, or adjusting settings. It’s interactive and responds to your commands.