How To Delete Spotify Recently Played?
How To Hide Recently Played List From Your Spotify Profile?
Want to keep your Spotify listening a bit more private, especially from followers who might be friends or even strangers? No problem! There’s a way to hide your recently played songs from everyone else. This is super handy if you’re not keen on sharing your musical taste with the world, or if you just want a little privacy.
Let’s walk through the steps to make your Spotify listening activity private:
- Starting Up: Open your Spotify app and look for the ‘Settings’ icon. It’s usually a little gear symbol.
- Finding the Right Spot: Scroll down in your settings until you come across the ‘Social’ tab. That’s where the magic happens.
- Go Incognito with a Private Session: You’ll see an option for ‘Private session’. Flip that toggle switch on. When you do this, another option, ‘Listening activity’, will automatically switch off.
What does this do? Well, from now on, whatever you listen to won’t be visible to your followers. Plus, it won’t mess with your Spotify recommendations either. So, your Spotify algorithm stays just the way you like it, unaffected by your current listening choices.
How To Delete Recently Played On Spotify On Computer?
Alright, let’s talk about managing your Spotify activity on your computer. You might already know that Spotify removed the option to clear your recently played songs. But don’t worry, you can still keep your listening habits under wraps, even if you can’t delete that history.
Here’s how you can hide your recently played tunes on Spotify when using a computer:
- Open Spotify App: First things first, open up the Spotify application on your desktop.
- Access Your Profile: Look for your username at the top right corner of the screen and click on it.
- Dive into Settings: Once you’re in, select ‘Settings’ and start scrolling until you find the ‘Social’ tab.
- Turn Off Sharing: In the Social tab, you’ll see options like ‘Share my listening activity on Spotify’ and ‘Share my recently played artists on my public profile’. What you want to do is turn these toggles off. This step makes sure that your current listening activity and the artists you’ve played recently stay private and don’t show up on your public profile.
- Extra Privacy with a Private Session: If you want to take your privacy up a notch, there’s an option for ‘Start a private session to listen anonymously’ in the same Social tab. Turning this on means that you’re listening without leaving any digital footprints for others to see.
Can You Remove Recently Played On Spotify?
Nope, you can’t anymore. Spotify has changed things up with its new UI update. They’ve removed the option to delete your recently played songs.