Hey there! So, if you’re living in the USA, chances are there’s a Walmart super close to your place, probably not more than five miles away. It’s like, wherever you turn, boom! There’s Walmart. And why do so many people choose to shop there? Well, it’s pretty simple. The prices are awesome, and they’ve got pretty much everything you could think of.
Imagine this: you’re pushing your shopping cart around, piling up stuff you need for the whole week. You’ve got everything from snacks to shampoo, and your cart is pretty much ready to overflow. Now, it’s time to pay. As you start digging through your bag for your wallet or maybe your card, a thought pops into your head: “Hold on a minute, it’s 2024, right? Can’t I just make things easier and whip out my Apple Pay to sort this out?”
Well, guess what? We’ve done some snooping around, and we’ve got the lowdown for you right here. Let’s dive in and find out together!
Does Walmart accept Apple Pay?
Alright, let’s cut to the chase. The straightforward answer here is, nope, you can’t use Apple Pay at Walmart. Whether you’re all about speeding things up at self-checkout or you’re up for a little chat with your friendly cashier, Apple Pay isn’t an option.
But hey, don’t let that get you down! If you’ve got your iPhone in hand and you’re just after a super quick and easy way to pay, you’re still in luck.
You see, the big deal here is that Walmart has its own payment system – Walmart Pay. They’re really trying to get everyone to notice it and give it a go. And honestly? It’s pretty simple to use. When you’re all done with your shopping and ready to pay, just scan the QR code that shows up at any of the checkout lanes. Boom, you’re all set! And the best part? Your receipt gets saved right to your Walmart account. No need to fumble around for cash or a card.
Now, you might be wondering, “Okay, but what kind of payment methods can I actually use with Walmart Pay?” Well, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a handy list to break it down for you (and we’ve even thrown in a little * to mark the methods you can only use right at checkout, not to add to your Walmart Wallet):
- Credit Cards
- Debit Cards
- Gift Cards
- Capital One Walmart Credit Cards
- PayPal *
- Affirm *
So there you have it! While Apple Pay might be off the table, Walmart Pay is ready to make your checkout experience quick and smooth.
How to use Walmart Pay on iPhone
Got an iPhone? Love quick and easy checkouts? Well, Walmart Pay is about to become your new best friend. Let’s walk through how to use it together, step by step:
Step 1: Open Up the Walmart App First things first, grab your iPhone and open the Walmart app. If you don’t have it yet, no worries, you can quickly download it from the App Store.
Step 2: Head to the Services Section Once you’ve got the app open, take a look at the bottom of your screen. You’ll see a navigation bar there. Find the “Services” tab and give it a tap.
Step 3: Time for Walmart Pay Now that you’re in the right place, look for “Walmart Pay” and tap on it. You’re almost there!
Step 4: Scan and Go! All set up? Great! Now, when you’re done shopping and ready to pay, simply scan the QR code at the checkout lane with your phone. And just like that, you’re good to go!
Bonus Tip: Speed Things Up Even More with Walmart Plus and Scan & Go
If you’re all about saving time, you might want to check out Walmart Plus. With Walmart Plus, you get access to a super cool feature called Scan & Go. This lets you scan the barcodes of items with your phone as you add them to your cart. No need to wait until the end of your shopping trip to scan everything.
You can even bag your items on the spot if you’ve brought your own bags. Just scan, bag, and when you’re ready to leave, scan the QR code at checkout. Boom, you’ve paid, and you’re out the door in no time!
Will Walmart accept Apple Pay any time soon?
If you’re holding your breath for Walmart to start accepting Apple Pay, you might want to take a deep breath and relax. It seems like it’s not going to happen in the near future. We found out from a chat with Erin Hulliberger, a spokesperson from Walmart, in an interview with MacRumors. She made it clear: “Walmart Pay is the exclusive form of mobile payment accepted at Walmart and [they] have no plans for that to change.”
Now, if something crazy happened and Walmart decided to say goodbye to Walmart Pay, maybe, just maybe, they would think about bringing in Apple Pay. But for now, and for the foreseeable future, it doesn’t look like it’s on the cards.
Reasons why Walmart doesn’t accept Apple Pay
You might be thinking, “Okay, but why? Why is Walmart so set on using their own system?” Well, it’s not just about Walmart Pay. There are a couple more reasons:
- Processing Fees: Using Apple Pay means Walmart would have to pay some fees for each transaction. And well, they’re not too keen on that idea.
- Your Shopping Data: When you use Walmart Pay, Walmart gets to take a little peek at what you’re buying. This helps them throw ads your way that you might actually like and give you product recommendations that make sense.
Stores that accept Apple Pay (2024)
Now, you might be wondering, “Where can I use my Apple Pay if not at Walmart?” Good news! There are plenty of other stores out there that are more than happy to accept Apple Pay. So, your Apple Pay won’t feel left out; there are lots of other shopping carts it can jump into! Just keep your eyes peeled, and you’ll find plenty of Apple Pay-friendly stores in 2024.
Benefits of using Apple Pay
Wondering what the big deal is about Apple Pay and why you should consider using it? Well, you’re in for a treat because we’ve got the scoop on all the awesome perks that come with it. Let’s dive in!
1. Say Goodbye to Cash and Cards: First things first, with Apple Pay, you can leave your bulky wallet and all those cards at home. Your phone’s got everything you need. Just tap, and your payment is done. Easy, right?
2. Super Secure Online Payments: When it comes to paying online, you really want to make sure everything is locked down and secure. And that’s where Apple Pay shines. It keeps all your payment info safe and sound, so you can shop with peace of mind.
3. Accepted at Millions of Stores: No matter where you are, chances are, there’s a store nearby that’s ready to accept Apple Pay. It’s become super popular, so you’ll find it in millions of stores worldwide.
4. Breeze Through Online Checkouts: Tired of filling out those long payment forms every time you shop online? With Apple Pay, all that hassle is a thing of the past. Just a quick confirmation, and your payment is done.
5. One-Click Payments: Talk about convenience! With Apple Pay, you’re just one click away from completing your purchase. It doesn’t get much easier than that.
6. Sending and Receiving Money is a Breeze: Need to pay back a friend for lunch or send some birthday money? With Apple Pay, you can send and receive funds with just a few taps. Fast, simple, and secure.
So, here’s the deal: as of 2024, Walmart and Apple Pay aren’t buddies. You won’t be able to use your Apple Pay when checking out at Walmart. But hey, don’t let that get you down! Because if you’ve got an iPhone, you’ve got another cool option: Walmart Pay. It’s Walmart’s own payment system, and it’s all about making your checkout experience as smooth as possible.
Now, we’re super curious to know what you think about all this. Why are you itching to use Apple Pay at Walmart? Drop us a comment below and spill the beans! We’re all ears and ready to chat.
And hey, if you’ve got any more questions about Apple or anything tech-related, don’t be shy! Hit us up, and we’ll do our best to give you the answers you need. Let’s keep the conversation going!