Did you know that a whopping 75% of people in the US live super close to a Target store? That’s like 3 out of every 4 people! Target is like that cool place where you can grab almost everything – snacks, cool tees, gadgets, and stuff for your home.
Now, here’s a question. Ever been at Target and thought, “Hmm, I could use some cash, but those ATMs and their pesky fees? No, thank you!” Well, you’re not alone. We’ve all been there. A lot of places let you pay with things like Apple Pay or your credit card and even give you some cash back to save you that ATM trip.
So, does Target join the party and offer cashback? Let’s dive in and find out together…
The History Of Target
Did you ever wonder about the backstory of Target? Well, let’s take a fun trip back in time!
Once upon a time in the 1960s, in the lovely state of Minnesota, the very first Target store popped up. And guess what? By the time everyone was getting ready to welcome the new year, three more stores joined the club! Fast forward to 1979, and boom! Target was raking in more than $1 billion in sales from just 74 stores. I mean, think about that – in those days, that was a HUGE deal. And because they were so thankful to everyone shopping there, they threw a big ‘billion-dollar sale’ party for all their amazing customers.
Now, let’s zoom back to today. A lot has changed in 40 years, right? Think about how we live now – we can buy stuff using our phones, flash our watches, or swipe our good old credit cards. So, how has Target kept up with all these cool changes? And what cool stuff do they offer to make our shopping even better? Let’s find out!
Does Target Do Cashback And How Much?
If you’re shopping at Target and need some cash, you’re in luck! Target does give cashback. But wait, there are some things you should know.
Here’s the thing: you can ask for up to $40 in cashback. Yup, that’s the max. But hey, $40 can get you a lot of snacks, right?
You can get this cashback when you buy stuff using your debit card or, if you’re a proud owner, your Target Red Card. And the coolest part? You can get this cashback even if you’re using those self-checkout machines (you know, the ones where you feel like you’re playing store cashier for a day).
Now, before you get too excited, remember a couple of things:
- You don’t have to spend a certain amount to get cashback. Buy something small or something big; it’s all good.
- But, you do need to use a debit card. Sorry, credit card fans and cheque lovers, you won’t get cashback this way.
- And just a pro tip: It’s always a good idea to give the cashier a heads-up and ask if they offer cashback before you pay. Most Target stores do, but better safe than sorry!
So, next time you’re at Target and think, “I could use some cash,” remember this and grab that extra money!
What Is Targets Cashback Policy?
At most Target stores, you can get up to $40 in cashback. But remember, it might change a little based on the specific store. If you’re imagining getting this cash in a massive $40 note, hold on a second! Typically, you’ll get your cash in $10 bills. But hey, if you’d rather have a $5 or $20, just ask the cashier nicely. They’re usually pretty cool about it.
Now, here’s a quick math lesson. Let’s say you’re buying stuff that costs $30 and you want $40 cashback. You need to have, drumroll… $70 in your checking account! Makes sense, right?
No hidden charges…
- No Sneaky Fees: One awesome thing about getting cashback at Target? No hidden fees! You can ask the cashier for cashback, or even select the option at the self-checkout, and boom – you’ve got cash in hand.
- Cards You Can Use: This cashback magic only happens when you use your debit card or the Target Red Card. When using self-checkout, you might get different notes based on what’s available in the machine. And heads up: you can’t pick and choose your bill types at self-checkout.
What are the Cashback Limits?
Although most Targets cap cashback at $40, there’s a little trick if you need more. Simply split your shopping into two transactions. Clever, right? But remember, your cashier won’t argue if you do this.
A tiny bit of caution: be mindful of your debit card’s daily spending limit. If you’re trying to buy a ton of stuff and get cashback, you might max out your card’s limit. It’s always good to know these limits so you don’t run into any unexpected hiccups at the checkout.
So, the next time you’re strolling through Target, remember these tips. Happy shopping and even happier cashback-ing!
Paying With Apple Pay
If you’re a fan of Apple Pay, I’ve got some good news for you. When you use Apple Pay at Target, not only do you get the convenience of quick and contactless payment, but there’s a sweet bonus in it for you too!
Every time you tap and pay with Apple Pay at Target, guess what? You get 3% cashback! Yup, that’s right. So, for every $100 you spend, you’re getting $3 back. Think of it as a little thank-you from Apple for using their service.
Next time you’re at Target and debating which payment method to use, remember this tip. Swipe, save, and smile with Apple Pay!
Get Cashback Online
Let’s talk about the ins and outs of getting some extra cash while shopping at Target. Whether you’re buying in-store or online, there’s a way for you to get cashback. Let’s break it down!
When you’re shopping online at Target, you can get cashback using the Target Wallet App. Here’s how you do it:
- Open up that app.
- Pick the debit card you want to use.
- Switch on the “Cash Back” button.
- Type in how much cash you’d like back.
- Scan the barcode when you’re at the register.
- And voila! Finish your purchase and get your cash.
Can you get Cashback with Debit Cards?
Absolutely! Using your debit card at Target? You can definitely get cashback. And if you’ve got that special Target RedCard debit card, that works too. Just remember to make sure you’ve got enough funds in your account before asking for cashback.
Can You Get Cashback with Credit Cards at Target
If you’re thinking of using your credit card to get cashback at Target, hold up. You can’t get cashback this way, not even with a Target credit card. However, if you’re in a pinch, you can get a cash advance with your Target credit card. But don’t forget your PIN!
Can You Get Cashback with Personal Checks at Target
Believe it or not, some folks still use checks. If you’re thinking of writing one out at Target, there’s something you should know: No cashback for check payments. It might be old-school, but no extra cash for you this way.
Does Target Charge Fees for Getting Cashback
Worried about sneaky fees? Don’t be! There’s zero fees for getting cash back at Target. Just keep an eye on your own bank’s rules – sometimes they might have fees if you withdraw too much in a day.
Other Ways to Get Cashback at Target
Surprise! Some Target stores have their very own ATMs. The catch? You can’t check online to see which ones. You might have to play a little game of “find the ATM” or just give your local store a call. Remember, Target doesn’t slap on extra ATM fees, but the machine’s bank might.
Stores That Offer Cashback
We all love a little extra cash in our pockets, especially when we’re just doing our regular shopping. You might be wondering, which stores offer cashback and how much can you get? Let’s dive in and find out!
Many grocery stores let you get cashback when you make a purchase. However, each store has its own set limit on how much cash you can take out:
- Albertsons: Between $100 to $300
- Aldi: Up to $100
- Food Lion: £200 (Careful! That’s in pounds)
- Hannaford: $100
- Kroger: Up to $300
- Meijer: $50
- Publix: $100
- Save Mart: Between $200 to $300
- Safeway: $200
- ShopRite: $200
- Trader Joe’s: $50
- Walmart: $100
- Whole Foods: $25
- Winn-Dixie: $100
- Giant Eagle: Amount unknown, so you might want to ask in-store.
Hitting the road? Need some gas and some cash? These gas stations offer cashback:
- 7-Eleven: Known more for slurpees than specifics on cashback, so ask when you’re there!
- Circle K
- Phillips 66
Keep in mind that the cashback amount might vary by location or even by the individual gas station. It’s always a good idea to check with the cashier before you make a purchase.
What Else Does Target Offer?
Shopping at Target is not just about buying things; it’s an experience! Here are some tips and tricks for all you Target enthusiasts:
- Wondering about the best time to shop for the latest deals? Check out When Does Target Restock.
- Got a letter to mail? Find out Does Target Sell Stamps?
- If you’re curious about their product range, consider Does Target Sell Cigarettes?
- For payment methods, see if Does Target Take EBT and Does Target Take WIC are options for 2023.
- Considering a job there? Dive into the Target Application process and prep with the top Target Interview Questions. Stand out in your interview by knowing the Target Mission and Vision Statement.
- Teens, before you apply, figure out How Old Do You Have To Be To Work at Target.
- And hey, wanna know about payday? See Does Target Pay Weekly.
- For those looking for a second chance, learn if Does Target Hire Felons.
Does Target do Cashback? – Final Thoughts
Let’s be real; we all love a one-stop-shop, especially when we’re super busy. If you need some cash and are thinking, “Why not get it while I’m shopping?” then Target has got you covered.
Just grab your debit card, because that’s the key here. No cashback with credit cards or checks. And for those days when you’d rather avoid people, the self-checkout option is your best friend. Just remember to have enough cash in your account before going cashback-crazy.
So, the big question – “Can I get cashback at Target?” Heck, yes you can! And now you’re in the know, not just about Target but a bunch of other places as well. So, go on, enjoy your shopping spree and get that cash!
Target isn’t just a store; it’s a destination for savvy shoppers everywhere. Whether you’re hunting for deals, considering a job opportunity, or simply aiming to understand their policies, there’s a lot to explore. From the convenience of cashback to understanding the wide array of services they offer, this guide has given you the ins and outs of the Target shopping experience. So next time you step into those red and white aisles, you’ll do so with confidence, knowledge, and perhaps a little extra cash in your pocket. Happy Target runs, everyone!